Sunday, September 19, 2010

This is the Temple President's home where we stayed in the "General Authorities" quarters - (which were lovely) from Thursday to the next Tuesday.
This is the Palmyra Stake Center right across the street from the Temple President's home. Nicest Stake Center I've ever seen!

Closer view of the home. Which is just north of the temple.


This is the Palmyra Temple. The whole reason we are here. We have worked one week now and have been in the temple about 43 hours. It has been amazing! I even was scheduled to be in the Celestial Room Friday evening for 45 min. and because the session was running late, I got to be in there by myself for 30 min. Talk about a treat!



Tuesday we moved into our apartment. This is the banner hanging from the lamp post right outside our bedroom window.




This arrangement is also hanging on that lamp post.


The three windows about this candy store are our bedroom windows. I am sure glad I don't eat chocolate any more or this could be a problem. I haven't even been inside this candy store yet.





The green door is our entrance to our apartment.







After going inside the green door, we have 587 stairs to climb. (Ok, Phil says it's only 19....but it feels like 587!) This apartment was supposed to be unfurnished, but because the manager is LDS and took pity on us she "found some things to help us out". We are paying unfurnished prices and basically have all we need....although we could use a couple more chairs in the living room. I am going to Goodwill when I have a moment.

This is a big room we are using as an office and misc. area. It can't be a bedroom because there is not outside window. This window looks into the living room.

More office...


Yea!!!! A washer and dryer!!!! One of my two main wishes that were met!

Kitchen....proof there is a Santa.... I have a husband who not only is cute...he cooks too!

Our kitchen....which is really quaint and nice. We have just about all we need.


Our first meal in our new apartment.


Our living room is GIGANTIC with only about three peices of furniture in it. Walking from our bathroom (right behind the kitchen) to our bedroom seems like a hike across America. We can't even yell to each other because the other one doesn't hear it's so far. Between that and the stairs we are going to get into better shape!


More living room.


Yea!!! My second and greatest wish! A BED! And it is even comfortable! I feel so blessed! The paneling is very 60's but even it is a blessing because the color is warm and the rooms have a nice feel. We are all moved in now (we weren't when I took these pictures) and are going to be very happy here. We love being right downtown.

More bedroom. We love walking up and looking out our bedroom window to see all the life that is going on on Main St. We love walking out the green door and going across the street to the chinese restaurant (which by the way is about the best we ever eaten and very inexpensive), or going to the LDS bookstore right next to us, or any of the other shops on the two blocks of Main Street. It is truly a fun experience for us!



















5 comments:

  1. wow, just seeing these pisc reminds me of how beautiful it is there! so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time on your blog and I see that we have been to the same church history places. You apt. is perfect and just what I imagined a couple missionary apt. to be like.
    I love Phil for making you so happy and that you have each other to share this mission with.
    I will be excited to hear what your duties are at the Temple.
    I love you,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are all set!! I'm so glad you have gotten sush a good deal. The Lord must really want you there!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marianne and Phil,

    I am excited you are doing your blog. What a blessing to be on a mission. Thank you for your visit and your letter Marinanne. I haven't had a chance to reply. I am doing much better however. The prayers and fasting have been a great blessing. I'll be in touch.

    Lloya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour!! Mission life seems to suit you!! We are so thrilled for you...what an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete