Sunday, August 15, 2010

Two days and counting



We have been preparing for the mission for several months. A major part of our preporations was to cut, split, and stack TONS of wood. Here is proof of all our efforts.











We thought we would never be done!









I told Phil we were just like the pioneers....He look at me and said, "Sure...with our chain saw and 25 ton splitter." Well, it certainly was more work than I had ever done!










At times it seemed like an overwhelming task which made both of us a little crazy. But we survived and both of us are better men... opps, I mean, 'people' because of it.












With the help of great friends and family, we got it done on schedule. I almost felt buff!








After six hard weeks of back breaking, sweat filled days of pure torture, we are once again smiling and holding blistered hands. (I never want to split another piece of wood as long as I live!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Finally, some proof of all your wailing! : ) Just kidding. Looks amazing. Glad I wasn't there to help!!!! Safe traveling.

    ReplyDelete